Wild Walks: Engaging Children in the Natural World
Take a walk on the wild side and learn how to make nature walks work for your group. Find ways to truly engage your learners in the natural world through an exploration of topics such as planning, gear, rhythms, fun and educational nature-walk activities, and how to bring the outdoors back inside for extended learning.
The e-book is broken down into three sections:
1. WHY – Some of the great reasons – and research – behind time in nature, and walks in particular
2. PREPARE – Our favourite tips, tricks, and tools for making nature walks more successful
3. GO – Dozens of hands-on nature walk activities to engage young minds, as well as extension activities for when you get back to you home or school base.
Printables that come with this e-book:
1. Nature Scavenger Hunt (written)
2. Nature Scavenger Hunt (illustrations)
3. Bird Watching Checklist
4. Nature Measuring Chart
5. Nature Walk Checklist
6. Herbal First Aid Checklist