The most loved hummus around these parts is sun-dried tomato hummus. The sun-dried tomatoes lend such a lovely and deep flavour, making it a nice dish to bring along to a potluck, or to use for simple lunches and snacks.
- 2 cups soaked, cooked chickpeas (head over here for info on how to soak, cook and freeze dried chick peas)
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes (we prefer rehydrated dry, rather than in canola or another vegetable oil)
- 2 cloves garlic (this is mild enough for our kiddos – adjust to your family’s preference)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (much more shown in the photo!)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
1. Put all of the liquid ingredients into your blender or food-processor, followed by the dry ingredients, ending with the chick peas.
2. Blend the ingredients together until desired consistency is reached.
3. If desired, swirl some extra virgin olive oil in a dish with the hummus, and enjoy! Any extra hummus can be stored in the fridge for short term eating or frozen for use later on.