A collection of links for more bird learning…
Okay, so almost all these sites are developed by one or more of these organizations – and they are all really helpful. Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Bird Studies Canada, and the National Audubon Society. These seem like the most visited and well-presented bird studies sites I have come across.
1. Participate in citizen science :: The Great Backyard Bird Count
2. Canadian bird education and conservation :: Bird Studies Canada
3. United States bird education and conservation :: National Audubon Society
4. Online guide to birds and bird-watching :: Cornell Lab of Ornithology: All About Birds
*We have had so much fun on this site listening to bird calls!
5. Info about birds, citizen science feeder watch projects and more :: Project Feederwatch
*This site has a really nice user interface that is easy to navigate and appealing for kids
* A friend recently pointed out this great Homeschooler’s Guide to Project Feeder Watch – so many great ideas here!
6. Another Cornell project – exploring urban birds through art and science :: Celebrate Urban Birds
7. Bird education site featuring a fun bird of the month section :: Wild Birds Unlimited