This is some seriously simple fudge! With some nourishing ingredients, and no added sugars, I’m thinking it is going to make an appearance several times in 2014! We made this our official December recipe for our 10 year old’s baking program, which means we *had* to make it three times. Ahem.
We decided to make it a candy cane fudge, by adding some crushed candy cane and peppermint to the mixture and more crushed candy cane on top. Of course, this isn’t a super healthy fudge anymore, but the basic recipe is sugar free and you can easily keep it that way! There are a lot of suggestions at the end of the post for other flavours, many of which sound so good, and good for you.
- 2 cups dark, fair trade chocolate (we used cocoa camino baker’s chocolate and topped off with enjoy life chocolate chunks because we didn’t have enough cocoa camino left to make 2 cups – note that the chunks have sugar, so I recommend the straight dark chocolate)
- 1 cup coconut milk (the thicker part from the top of the can)
- pinch of sea salt
1. Break up chocolate, if necessary.
2. Add all ingredients to a double boiler and melt over low heat.
3. Add any optional ingredients.
4. Pour into a square baking dish lined with wax paper.
5. Add any optional toppings.
6. Set in the fridge.
FLAVOURS TO TRY:
I am super excited to try some of these in the near future. Particularly, maple walnut, toffee + salt, and orange + macadamia. Yum.
- candy cane / peppermint
- maple walnut (maple syrup + walnuts)
- toffee + salt
- peanut butter (or sunflower butter, etc.)
- orange zest + macadamia nut
- white chocolate + cranberry
What is your favourite kind of fudge? Share in the comments!
This post was featured at Thank Goodness It’s Monday and Simply Natural Saturday, and shared as a part of Natural Living Monday, Fat Tuesday, Simple Lives Thursday, Fight Back Friday, Unprocessed Fridays, and Simply Natural Saturdays.
Awesome recipe! Thanks for linking up at Simply Natural Saturdays – I’ll be featuring your post at Everblossom.net on SNS 12.28. 🙂
Looking forward to checking out Everblossom!