Our go-to muffin recipe, Choco-Banano Muffins are always a hit. It’s a recipe that has been shared among friends time and time again and is based on a banana muffin recipe from The 250 Best Mufffin Recipes by Esther Brody. This past week, since we were learning about Calendula, we adapted the recipe to be Calendula Banana Muffins. They were fantastic! We all hope you enjoy them as much as we did. Feel free to sub gluten free flour without making other changes – they turn out really well for us.
CALENDULA BANANA MUFFINS
:: 2 cups spelt flour
:: 1 cup unrefined sugar, such as sucanat or panela (we use a bit less than a full cup)
:: 1 egg
:: 1/2 cup butter, coconut oil, or applesauce
:: 1/2 cup dried calendula flowers
:: 2 ripe bananas, mashed
:: 2 tablespoons milk of your choice
:: 1 teaspoon (tsp) salt
:: 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
:: 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Beat together the butter, sugar and egg until well incorporated.
2. Using a mixer or wooden spoon, add in and mix the mashed bananas, milk, vanilla, baking soda, and baking powder, followed by the flour and chocolate chips.
3. Scoop into greased muffin tin, filling 2/3 full.
4. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
5. Cool for five minutes before removing from tin and placing on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
This post was featured on Girl Meets Nourishment, and shared as a part of Natural Living Monday, Thank Goodness It’s Monday, Fat Tuesday, and Simple Lives Thursday, Unprocessed Fridays, Fight Back Friday, and Simply Natural Saturdays.